If you have a waterfront site you have a sensitive site… in short; You have a DEC-controlled site.
Did you know that the DEC has jurisdiction over everything within 300 feet of the mean high water mark? That’s a wide area that completely encompasses some building sites, and the DEC is all powerful when it comes to working within their realm.
With a background in both Oceanographic studies and Construction services Dr. Cervino is uniquely suited to act as an effective interface between builders and the stewards of our environmental legacy. Dr. Cervino believes that the coastline can be developed for human use while still preserving the beauty that draws us to the water in the first place.
RCE has developed and implemented scores of projects including:
- Coastal cleanups (through his non-profit Coastal Preservation Network)
- Coastline restoration
- Violation mitigation and compliance consultation
- Erosion control
- Shellfish bed replenishment and restoration
- Sea grass planting programs
- Wildlife monitoring and habitat restoration
- Storm water runoff controls